Planning is important. I am a huge proponent of planners. I don’t think I could live my life without my planner, so why would I be able to blog without a blog calendar?
To my bloggers that don’t use a blog calendar, how do you do it? How do you keep track of all of your ideas? How do you know what the hell you’re doing week to week? I commend you, but I can’t wrap my head around you.
Here’s why you should utilize a blog calendar:
- Set Goals: I love having a goal section for each month – that way I can write what I want to attain for the upcoming month. And, I can flip back to it at the end of the month to see if I reached my goal.
- Prep Posts: Never again do you need to panic at night because you have no idea what you’re going to post on your blog. Utilize a blog calendar and you can plan out exactly what posts you’ll have for the entire year. Even better, you can see what you’ve been posting at a quick glance instead of scroll through pages and pages on your computer screen.
- Brainstorm: I always come up with blog post ideas when I can’t write out the actual post. By jotting down these ideas on my blog calendar, I’m able to come back and write a great post (like this one!) when I have the time.
My blog calendar recommendation?
Right now, I’m taking advantage of the free 2016 blog planner/calendar over at Journal Wild. Sign up for the awesome newsletter and you get access to not only a great blog planner, but tons of other stuff!
How I Utilize a Blog Calendar:
I printed off a month’s worth of pages of a calendar and I have a binder that I keep all my blog stuff in. I break down each section into the following:
- Current Month: Pretty obvious – this is where I keep my calendar and all my information for the current month. It’s right at the front so I never have to go searching.
- Stats: I keep track of where I’m at in terms of followers, page views, etc. so I can easily see where I’m at and where I’m trying to go.
- Goals: Just like with my stats, I keep track of my monthly and yearly goals.
- Promotions: Whenever I participate in any kind of giveaway, I want to be able to track the results and see the success (or failures).
- Previous: I keep previous months in here – why throw it away when it can make a great reference later on?